Stepping Up – Loft Conversion in Balham by Illon Builders
If you’re cramped and crowded, a loft conversion in Balham could be the answer to your prayers. Turning your attic into a living space eliminates the need to move house. You’ll save time, hassle and stress. And the cost of the work is largely offset by the value you add to your home.
Ask Illon Builders about the many benefits of commissioning professional builders for an attic conversion:
- Your loft could become a new bedroom, office, studio space or a children’s playroom
- Increasing your living space adds value to your home
- Employing professional builders ensures that the work will meet building standards
- Using a local ‘all-trades’ company means that you have one point of contact for any queries that arise along the way
DON’T HESITATE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US &
Request A Quote!
A Start-to-Finish Loft Conversion Service in Balham
It starts with assessing your loft to ensure it’s suitable for conversion. It finishes when you receive your certificate of completion from your building standards surveyor. Access, floor reinforcement, the introduction of light and improved insulation all need to be carefully planned and correctly implemented. Trust Illon Builders with the lot. We’re fully committed to making sure you’re delighted with the final result.
Working Through the Attic Conversion Process
Planning it – An experienced Illon Builders tradesman will assess your loft to confirm that a conversion is possible. You’ll see exactly what space you could gain. And once the details are agreed, you’ll receive a written offer for the cost of converting your loft.
Doing it – Strengthening the floor, building stairs and introducing light are some of the early priorities. Insulation is likely to need improving, so your converted loft will be a comfortable and energy-efficient space.
Finishing it – Plumbers, carpenters, electricians, and painters and decorators may all be needed at various stages. Your project manager will make sure that the different trades are available when needed. They’ll also liaise with your local building control surveyor to make sure they’re satisfied with the work and happy to certify it.
Get an Initial Assessment
Find out how much space you could gain with a loft conversion in Balham by booking a site survey:
- Use our contact form to tell us how and when you’d like us to get in touch
- Call Illon Builders on 020 3404 9005. The phone is staffed from Mondays to Fridays and our working hours are from 9 am to 7 pm.